Connect with us

Tech News

Samsung smart TVs are getting half a dozen new home fitness apps

Published

on

Samsung is making it easier to get in your workouts while in lockdown at home, it announced on Tuesday. The company is bringing half a dozen fitness apps to its smart TVs in a number of regions, all of which will be part of the Samsung Health platform Samsung announced for its smart TVs during CES this year. As part of this addition, users will get access to more than 5,000 hours of free fitness content to stream.

The new apps will be available in multiple regions where Samsung smart TVs are sold, according to the company, in partnership with the companies behind the products. The videos provide access to more than 250 instructional videos, Samsung said on Tuesday, ranging from guided meditations to personal training from celebrities and barre classes.

The newly added apps joined existing wellness and fitness apps; they include:

– barre3
– Calm
– Echelon
– Fitplan
– Jillian Michaels Fitness
– obé Fitness

The Samsung Health platform will arrive on the Samsung smart TVs at some point this year, after which these fitness apps will be integrated with the feature. Some of the aforementioned apps are already available on older Samsung smart TVs in the US and Canada; this summer’s rollout will bring them to the rest of the models in supported regions.

In a statement, Samsung Electronics’ Salek Brodsky said:

As our community grapples with unprecedented disruptions to their daily routines, it is important for homebound consumers to have access to free high-quality health and wellness offerings. Our partnership with these premium brands redefines the boundaries of what free streaming services can provide, and we look forward to enhancing these offerings by bringing a full Samsung Health experience to our TVs later this year.

Continue Reading

Tech News

The First Tesla Semi Has Been Delivered After Lengthy Delays

Published

on

There had long been suggestion Pepsi would be one of Tesla’s biggest customers — with a subsidiary spotted installing charging stations at one of its plants and test driving the trucks earlier this year. Tesla also placed an order for 100 of the high tech trucks shortly after they were announced in 2017. In October, Musk confirmed the company’s first truck was almost ready for delivery, and it would be going to the soft drink manufacturer.

Today, Tesla finally made it official and delivered its first production semis to Pepsi. Speaking at the handover, which took place at a Tesla Gigafactory in Nevada, Musk described his motivation for designing the truck. The Tesla CEO claims that trucks make up less than 1% of vehicles in the United States, but are responsible for a large chunk of emissions. Musk said it will both help the environment and improve the health of individuals living near highways. At the end of the presentation, Musk thanked Pepsico and described them as a “great partner.” 

The trucks’ keycards were then handed over to Pepsi’s representatives, followed by several high fives. The trucks’ first cargo run involved “an enormous amount of Frito Lays” which were handed out to people in attendance. Pepsi’s Kirk Tanner then took the mic and said: “I want to thank the people who have spent countless hours to make this a reality.” before thanking Elon Musk and the other Tesla representatives. Other companies are also interested in Tesla’s electric semi. Budweiser, Walmart, and UPS are amongst those who have placed pre-orders — with Budweiser ordering at least 40 of the large electric vehicles.

Continue Reading

Tech News

Kanye West Is No Longer Buying Twitter-Rival Parler

Published

on

It’s unclear whether West’s recent controversies have anything to do with the Parler deal falling apart. In a statement shared with CNBC, Parler’s owner notes that the “decision was made in the interest of both parties in mid-November.” Parler says it will be on the lookout for the growth opportunities, without clarifying if it was looking for investors to scale up, or full-fledged buyers. The latter seems unlikely to happen, given the current state of layoffs in the tech industry and the looming fears of a recession.

Parlement Technologies reportedly had high hopes from its acquisition deal with Kanye West. Soon after the agreement press release went out, Parler sent out an email to its “VIP” users, offering them perks like a gold badge for being valuable personalities on the platform. Politico reports that the email campaign inadvertently revealed the personal contact information of nearly a dozen lawmakers and some well-known conservative personalities.

Citing an insider source, Axios reports that West’s unstable financial situation following the cancellation of lucrative deals with the likes of Adidas played a role in his Parler plans falling apart. In the meanwhile, West has returned to Twitter, after his account was restricted for a few weeks ago over sharing anti-Semitic remarks. West currently has a huge follower base of over 18 million on Twitter, which dwarfs the total number of users on Parler, as of December 2021.

Continue Reading

Tech News

Elon Musk Says Twitter’s Potential Removal From iOS App Store Was ‘Misunderstanding’

Published

on

Barely two days after Elon Musk feuded with Apple publicly, he met with Tim Cook to settle the differences. “We resolved the misunderstanding about Twitter potentially being removed from the App Store. Tim was clear that Apple never considered doing so,” Elon Musk tweeted last evening. This was a few hours after he shared a video of Apple’s HQ to disclose the location of the meeting.

However, Elon Musk didn’t reveal if Apple will continue advertising on Twitter. According to the Washington Post, Apple was the biggest ad spender on Twitter in Q1 2022. It spent an average of $4 million per week to run ads on Twitter between January to March this year — this added up to about 4% of Twitter’s revenue. However, Reuters reports that Apple reduced its weekly ad budget on Twitter to $131,600 a few weeks after Elon Musk bought the social media company. We also haven’t heard from Apple’s CEO, Tim Cook, about the agenda of his meeting with Elon Musk. 

Continue Reading

Trending